Dating and children after a divorce Wife sharing chat personals

The court can change the custody and access arrangements in a separation agreement if it thinks it would be in the childrens best interests to make a change. This means that, in fact, you have custody of your children and have been making decisions about their care and upbringing as if you had legal custody. It is very unlikely that a court would make changes to your situation.

However, it will be more difficult for you to enforce your custody rights if you do not have them clearly set out in a court order or agreement, especially if you and your husband disagree on what the custody arrangements have been.

The court can try to get parents to respect the custody and access arrangements made for their children.

If they still refuse, the court can fine them or even send them to jail.

If your husband takes the children away from you, he is committing a serious crime.

The police can arrest him and charge him with child abduction.

For joint custody to work, parents have to be able to communicate with each other and to co-operate even though they are not living together.